Monday, February 2, 2009

Porcelain Portraits I







So yesterday I went west on a fantastic voyage of Sunset from downtown heading west and I shot some toilets and a hotel / motel sign or two for fun. What I've included in the album are just a few pics, theres about 74. And I plan on shooting more. I'm slowly developing my thesis seeing this as, what is developing into a documentation of some of Sunset's more or less frequented restrooms. With this said, Porcelain Potraits , is a collection of photos that dramatically personify the attributes (porcelain) that make the use of the "john(s)" on Sunset a truly overlooked experience. Click on any of the images or at the end of this sentence to see the first run at Porcelain Potraits.

2 comments:

  1. Christian,

    Nice captures. The editing of the photos add to the rawness of each. I dig them. Can't wait to see more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the first one almost looks like it was taken from one of the Saw movies!

    i like the toilet idea.. some look "friendly" and some look really dangerous! I'd almost stick to the toilets alone and not do the rest of the bathroom.

    oh and i like when feet are visible! reminds that people actually pass through there.

    ReplyDelete